Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Goal Weight :)

Well, it's been awhile since I've updated! Things in the Granger household have been very busy. Between school, mommy duties, and work there hasn't been too many free moments to sit down and write.

After 6 long months, I've FINALLY reached my goal weight. This weight loss journey has been one of the hardest endeavors I've ever done. People mistakenly think that the baby weight just miraculously falls off the moment you leave the hospital, but that's the farthest thing from the truth. Maybe there's a few lucky ladies who leave in their pre-pregnancy jeans, but for the majority of us, it takes hard work to fit back into those skinnies again. Being on Weight Watchers has allowed me to fully appreciate how much my body changed before and after having Emma. I remember leaving the hospital thinking I would never be able to fit back into my old clothes again. In fact, there have been several times throughout the past 6 months I've just wanted to throw my clothes away and start over, because I was afraid they would never fit. But, the biggest accomplishment isn't actually the weight loss, it's the commitment to feeling like myself again. It helps that my best friend, Melanie and my mom and sister have also been dedicated to losing weight, because they're a wonderful support system and I couldn't have done it without them. Even though I'm at goal weight, I still want to lose 5 or so more pounds. If I can lose it, great. If not, I know that I'm strong, healthy, and proud of how far I've come.



Just a few pictures to share :)








And of course, a picture of our lovely little family ;)


5 comments:

  1. You look amazing! I am so proud of your dedication. I couldn't do this without you...you keep me strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly! you look amazing!!! you had a baby!?! I would could never tell!!! I hope to get fit in the tummy like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZA! You have been so dedicated and it paid off, sista :) Nobody would know just six months ago you were pregnant! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want abs!! You're such an inspiration. I have had a rough patch here but I'm trying to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete