Monday, July 19, 2010

Weight Progress...

It's been awhile since I've updated about my weight journey. I have 8 pounds to go until I reach my pre-pregnancy weight! Ideally, I would like to lose 10-15 more, but realistically, 8 is a more obtainable goal that I can maintain. This time around, I honestly don't feel like I'm as hungry as I was last time I lost the weight. There are DEFINITELY some nights where I go to bed and I feel hunger, but I once read an article that said to "embrace the hunger and know that you ARE going to be okay." I don't always have to feel full, and that has been the hardest part of this journey.

Another difficult part of the journey has been holidays and gatherings with foods I don't want/need to eat. I did great on the 4th of July because I brought a low-fat, sugar free strawberry pie and ate tons of veggies and grilled chicken. I actually lost 1.5 pounds that following week! But, the next weekend I went to a wedding and went over my points. I ate very clean during the week so I could splurge a bit at the wedding, but I still went a little overboard. I ate a big salad before the meal, but of course the only dressing options were french and ranch (two of the WORST options you can eat!) Even then, I know I indulged in foods that would frighten Jillian Michaels! I have to know that these events are going to happen and I can't just avoid them, because I'm scared to eat the food. Honestly, in the past I would decline invitations to social events, because I didn't want to be around unhealthy food and I was too afraid of the temptation. This is something that I've been working on, but it's still much easier to decline and eat grilled chicken and steamed veggies at home.

Just thought I'd share a typical menu of what I eat and the points values associated with them. Typically 1 point is averaged to be around 60-80 calories so this is around a 1600 calorie day.

Breakfast:
1 packet Apples and Cinnamon oatmeal- 2 points
Coffee with 2 tbsp half & half- 1 point
1 nectarine- 1 point
______
4 points

Lunch:
2 oz lean turkey on a light whole wheat tortilla- 3 points
1 c. grape tomatoes- 0 points
2 pieces light string cheese- 2 points
1 c. blueberries- 1 point
______
6 points

Snack:
Kid's organic cliff granola bar- 2 points
_____
2 points

Dinner:
4 oz. grilled chicken with 1 tbsp BBQ sauce- 3 points
1 medium sweet potato with 2 tsp brown sugar/cinnamon- 3 points
1 c. steamed broccoli with 1 tsp olive oil- 1 point
______
7 points

Snack:
Fiber one granola bar- 2 points
1 skinny cow ice cream sandwich- 2 points
____
4 points

TOTAL for day: 23 points


Here's my progress so far. The first picture is 9 weeks, 12 weeks, 14 weeks, and this week at 16 weeks. I'm so proud of how far I've come and know that with continued determination, I can reach my goal!




And, here's a picture of me at 36 weeks pregnant, and on to now at 16 weeks postpartum

1 comment: